BetterDiscord is an extension that adds many features to discord. It is great and helpful but there are some issues. Especially security errors. However, many people wanted to uninstall it after they install it. But most of them do not know how to do that. So as your tech supporter, we decided to provide a full tutorial about how to uninstall BetterDiscord.
How to Uninstall BetterDiscord
I assume all of you know how to uninstall programs on windows. Simply go to the control panel, select uninstall programs, choose the program you want to uninstall, and do it. But in this case, we cannot do it because this is an extension of a program. So, we must use unfamiliar methods.
Trough deleting AppData.
You may be known and had done clearing AppData in your mobile phone. It is a great way to reset an app. You can do a similar process in windows. But this is a bit hard than mobile phones.
- First, you need to open Run. To do that search run in the search tab or press Windows + D.
- Then search type %appdata% on the input box and press enter.
- Now you can see AppData folders of your installed apps. Select BetterDiscord right-click on it and delete.
- Now open run again using the above methods. Type %localappdata%. This will lead you to another AppData folder set.
- You must navigate to two files and delete them to uninstall better discord.
- Discord\appx.x.xxx\resources\node_modules\ Navigate to this and delete better discoed folder for uninstall it.
- %localappdata%\Discord\app-x.x.xxx\resources\ navigate to this location too. There is a folder called App there. Delete it.
Now BetterDiscord is completely removed by your computer. You can check it by opening discord. If discord or other app crashed after uninstalling BetterDiscord, restart your PC it will fix all issues.
Remove the whole Discord.
Uninstalling Discord and reinstalling is not a problem because Discord is an online-based service. All your data is in their servers. If you do not like the first method which has to do some tasks, you can re-install discord and get rid of BetterDiscord because when you uninstall discord all the plugins will be gone too. So how to do that. It is very easy. You can do it without our help but to do the work right we include the steps.
You can use 2 methods to uninstall discord from windows 10 because Microsoft adds control panel features to the settings app and make it a new control panel. But classic control panels still exist.
- Open the Settings app from the Start menu or press Windows + I.
- Click on Apps.
- Now you can see the installed app list. Scroll down until you found Discord and when you found click it.
- Then two options will pop up. One says modify and the other say uninstall. Choose to uninstall option.
Now discord will be uninstalled.
Older windows versions
The classic control panel method can use to perform this task.
I hope this article helps you. See here for more technical stuff